Specialized Hand and Wrist Physiotherapy at Shyft Physiotherapy
Welcome to Shyft Physiotherapy, your destination for expert hand and wrist physiotherapy in London, Ontario. Our dedicated physiotherapists specialize in diagnosing and treating various hand and wrist conditions, from sports injuries to chronic conditions. We are committed to providing personalized care that focuses on pain relief, recovery, and improving your overall hand functionality.
Why Choose Shyft Physiotherapy for Your Hand & Wrist Treatment?
- Personalized Treatment Plans: Our physiotherapists work closely with each patient to develop a tailored treatment plan that addresses their needs and goals.
- Expert Care: Our team stays abreast of the latest hand and wrist physiotherapy techniques to ensure you receive the best possible care.
- Holistic Approach: We believe in treating the whole person, not just the symptoms. Our approach includes pain management, functional exercises, and lifestyle advice to promote well-being.
- State-of-the-Art Facility and Techniques: Our clinic has modern facilities and employs various innovative techniques such as manual therapy, exercise therapy, and ultrasound-guided treatment.
Our Hand & Wrist Physiotherapy Services
- Injury Recovery: Accelerate your recovery from fractures, sprains, and other hand and wrist injuries with our expert care.
- Chronic Condition Management: We provide effective treatment plans for arthritis, carpal tunnel syndrome, and tendonitis.
- Post-surgical Rehabilitation: Return to your daily activities quicker with our specialized post-surgical rehabilitation programs.
Common Questions About Hand & Wrist Physiotherapy
What hand and wrist conditions can physiotherapy treat?
Physiotherapy can effectively treat various hand and wrist conditions, including carpal tunnel syndrome, wrist tendinitis, sprains, arthritis, and post-operative rehabilitation following hand or wrist surgery. Each condition benefits from a tailored approach that addresses the unique aspects of hand and wrist anatomy.
How does physiotherapy help with hand and wrist pain?
Physiotherapy for hand and wrist pain typically involves exercises to improve strength and flexibility, manual therapy to increase mobility, and pain relief techniques such as ultrasound or heat therapy. The goal is to reduce pain, enhance function, and prevent future injuries.
What can I expect during my first hand and wrist physiotherapy session?
In the first session, a physiotherapist will assess your condition by physically examining your hand and wrist and reviewing your medical history. This assessment helps to identify the cause of your pain or dysfunction. You will also receive an initial treatment plan, which may include exercises, manual therapy, and advice for pain management.
How long does recovery take for hand and wrist conditions with physiotherapy?
The recovery time varies depending on the specific condition and its severity. Some patients may experience improvement within a few weeks, while more complex or chronic conditions might require a longer period of therapy. Consistent participation in prescribed exercises and therapy sessions is essential for successful recovery.